Monday, July 21, 2008

Wikis

I liked the common craft video for wikis. In fact, i think the common craft videos have been one of the most useful tools in the 2.0 thing. i like how they visually simplify everything. Not that all the information isn't just terrific! I wish i had used a wiki in planning my parent's 50th anniversary of wedded bliss party. I'm kinda unclear on what happens when there's a dispute on the content. Do people just keep editing over each other? It appears that for a wiki to work well you need dedicated contributors. It's pretty amazing to of all the volunteer editing that goes on at Wikipedia. I'd like to give it a try for the next round of programming for pta if i could find a wiki that's simple to use. I get the impression they can get cumbersome. I can see how it would be very useful for branch programming or any other event planning, assuming it's a collaborative effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home